Wednesday 17 February 2016

People often don't say what they mean...

...and they often don't mean what they say 

This happens everyday. We do this everyday. Don't tell me you're not part of it, eyh?



When I watch a video about "people often don't say what they mean and they often don't mean what they say", I laugh a lot because I do this every day and normally we misunderstood each other. In the video, Richard said to Mr Wong that they should spend some time together having lunch. Mr Wong said that he would enjoy it. However, even after a long time, Richard never asks Mr Wong which bewildered him. Do you know why this happen? Sometimes, in a certain culture, asking someone out for lunch later is a form of courtesy. They do not necessarily mean it. 

Sometime I used to say, “I would like to meet you again” while I actually just want to run from her :p .  In our culture, we also do like how Richard does. Sometimes we ask 'how are you', but we are not necessarily want to know his/her well being. It might be a sentence to start a conversation. Hanna also has shared her story to us. In her culture, if someone approach them while they are eating, they will say kain tayo (let's eat) even though they don't mean to invite them eating together. In my mind right now, I only can think of women. Do you know why? Check this out! >.<






Well, women are very complicated creatures, aren't they? Hahahaha. Not everyone mean everything they say >.< To the girls out there, do you approve this? What say you? Do voice your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment